Where is it?
What is it?
You have passed the practical driving test, congratulations!
The driving license examination certificate (CEPC) allows you to drive for 4 months from the date of the examination (to be presented with an identity document).
You must now request the production of your driving license.
Good to know: Permit B takes the form of a credit card and is valid for 15 years. After this date, it is renewable on the internet.
How to do it?
The first step is to go to the website of the Agence Nationale des Titres Sécurisés (ANTS):
> if you already have an account, click on "connect" at the top right and write your credentials.
> If you do not have an account, click on "connect" at the top right, then "I create an account".
> You can also connect using your "France Connect" account, if you have already activated this service.
Once connected, click on "driver's license", then on "request the production of your driver's license", then on "success in the driving license exam", and on "start your online process".
You must then tick the "major" or "minor" box and specify whether a medical examination is compulsory (tick "yes" only if you have a disease limiting your ability to drive).
Finally, click on the next step.
You must send several documents in digital format (scanned or downloaded):
- Proof of identity (residence card, passport)
- The driving license examination certificate (CEPC)
- Proof of address less than 6 months old (telephone bill, electricity or gas bill, rent receipt, home insurance certificate)
- An E-photo, also called photo-signature (see step 3)
> To read: the Refugees.info sheet "scanning a document".
After downloading the documents, click on "next" and complete your details: surname, first name, date of birth, city and country of birth.
Finally, indicate your email address, postal address and especially your telephone number to be able to follow up your request.
And click "yes", to go to the next step.
At this stage, you must choose how to send your photo ID:
- First possibility : E-photo or photo-signature (faster and more secure)
To find a licensed photographer or photo booth near you, click here. You can write your address or use geolocation.
You will have 4 photos with your digital signature and the E-photo code. It is this number that you must write on the ANTS website.
- Second possibility : a classic passport photo
You must download the application form, print it, sign it, paste the classic passport photo and send it by post to the address indicated on this same form.
Depending on your situation, you must add documents:
- If you are under 18, you must send a copy of the residence permit of one of your parents.
- If you are under 21, you must send the ASR (Road Safety Certificate) or the ASSR 2 (School Road Safety Certificate).
At the end, a summary of your request appears. Check the information, check the two boxes and then validate to send the request.
What happens next?
You can reconnect to your account on the ANTS website to find out how the manufacturing request is progressing:
- the status "under investigation" means that the administration is looking at your file
- the status "to be completed" means that you must send additional documents
- the "validated" status means that the administration has accepted your request, you will receive a confirmation by email and SMS.
Good to know: After validation of the request by the ANTS, the permit is sent by post within 15 days to one month.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
10 contributors mobilized