Where is it?
What is it?
An e-photo (or digital signature photo) is a dematerialized identity photo with a digital signature (i.e. on the Internet).
The French administration uses this service for many online administrative procedures, for example:
- on the ANTS website (National Agency for Secure Titles) for the driving license
- or on the Étrangers en France (ANEF) website for the residence permit.
How to do it?
The e-photo must be taken by a professional photographer or in a photo booth officially validated by ANTS (National Agency for Secure Titles).
You can find photo booths in shopping centers, train stations, metro stations, etc. They are suitable for people with reduced mobility.
On official photo booths for taking an e-photo, there is a blue logo: “ANTS ONLINE SERVICES APPROVED” (Agréé SERVICES EN LIGNE ANTS).
To find a professional photographer or photo booth near you, click here. You can write your address or use geolocation on your cell phone.
With a professional photographer, the price is between €8 and €15.
Here are some rules for taking a good quality e-photo that will be accepted:
- The face must be clear (no hair in front of the face), ears visible, chin raised, eyes and face always towards the camera.
- Sit up straight, look ahead and keep a neutral face (avoid smiling, closing your eyes or opening your mouth).
- If you have glasses, they should not hide your face too much: tinted lenses and sunglasses are prohibited. You don't have to wear your glasses in the photo.
- Bonnets, hats, caps, scarves and hair accessories are prohibited.
- In a photo booth, remember to close the curtain in order to get good light.
After the photo, it is necessary to sign on a tablet or touch screen with a special pen.
At the end, you will receive a photo-signature sheet with a code of 22 alphanumeric characters (with letters and numbers ). You need this code to complete the forms.
You can use your e-photo to request, for example:
- A residence permit
> To read: the Réfugiés.info sheet “Having a residence permit”
- The production of a driving license
> To read: the Réfugiés.info sheet “Request the production of a driving license”
With the classic ID photo, the processing time of your request will be longer.
What happens next?
If the e-photo code is still not active 48 hours later, you can report the problem:
- If you took your e-photo in a photo booth
Contact Photomaton customer service by telephone on 09 70 82 32 46 or use the contact form by clicking here to request a refund.
- If you took your e-photo with a professional photographer
Contact them directly by email or by phone.
You can contact ANTS for any questions about your file:
- By phone Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- on 34 00 in mainland France (price of a local call)
- on 09 70 83 07 07 in Overseas and abroad.
The service is suitable for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- With a contact form available by clicking here.
- In a digital reception point
You can receive help from a digital reception point in your department, in the prefecture or sub-prefecture, to complete the process online.
- whether you need to send additional information,
- the administration's decision (application accepted or refused).
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
12 contributors mobilized