Where is it?
What is it?
The Foreigners in France site allows you to carry out various administrative procedures online for foreigners in France. By creating a personal account, you will be able to follow the progress of your procedures in real time.
To date, here are the steps you can take on this site:
- Validation of long-stay visas equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS);
- Application for a work permit;
- “Student” residence permit;
- “Talent passport” residence permit;
- “Visitor” residence permit;
- “EU/EEA/Swiss citizen” residence permit for salaried workers;
- Change of situation (address, marital status and family situation);
- Duplicate residence permit if your residence card is lost or stolen;
- Circulation document for minors (DCEM);
- Travel document for foreigners (TVE);
- You have already validated your VLS-TS online during the year. Your identifier is the "reference" indicated in the document "Confirmation of the validation of the registration of your VLS-TS" sent by email.
- You have already applied for a residence permit online on this site. Your identifier is your "foreign number".
In other situations, you must create a new account.
To apply for a first residence permit, you can read this Refugees.info sheet "Obtaining your residence permit"
How to do it?
On a phone or computer, go to the Étrangers en France website and click on “Connect” at the top right.
Then, click on "FIRST VISIT? CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT", located at the bottom of the page.
> To read: the Réfugiés.info sheet “Connect to a site with FranceConnect”
To create your account, you must write:
- Your foreign number or visa number
The foreign number on the residence card is 10 digits which are above your signature (personal number) or on the vertical right side. On the visa, it is the number which is located at the top right. To check in pictures where your number is, you can click on the blue "?" on the right.
- The start date of validity of the title, receipt, or visa;
- The expiry date of the document, receipt or visa;
Finally, click on "Create an account".
If you have a residence permit or a receipt for a residence permit application, you must:
- Write your email
- Choose a "password" after verifying your email
If you have a visa:
- Just write your email
- Your personal account will be confirmed as soon as an administrative agent processes your request. You will receive a message with your username and a temporary password.
What happens next?
Log in to your personal account, click on your name at the top right of the homepage and click on "ACCESS MY ACCOUNT".
You can track the progress of your request. There are several possible situations:
- Submission of the request: the submission of your request has been taken into account.
- Examination in progress: the administration has received your request, it is being processed. You must wait for the decision of the administration.
- Decision made: your request has been processed, a decision has been made.
- Document available: in the event of a favorable decision, your document will be produced (residence permit, circulation document, etc.). Depending on the document requested, you will either receive by email a summons to the prefecture to collect it, or an SMS to inform you that it is available and how to recover it. If you do not receive an email or SMS, you must connect to the website of your prefecture of residence to find out how to retrieve your document.
The Citizen Contact Center (CCC) can help you if you have a technical problem on the site (page blocked, impossible to click on a link, “error” message, etc.).
You can contact them:
- by phone on 0 806 001 620 (free number)
- or with the online form (via "Contact" at the bottom left or by clicking on "CONTACT US" at the top right). You must clearly explain your problem and send screenshots (site, date and time visible) with the error message if you have one.
If the CCC has not succeeded in providing you with a solution, you can go to your prefecture of residence to ask for help at the digital reception point (e-MERAUDE) reserved for foreigners who are entitled to stay in France.
To recover your password if you have forgotten it:
- click on "Forgot your password?" from the login page ,
- specify your identifier (your foreign number or your email if you do not have a foreign number).
You will then receive a link to your email to allow you to choose a new personalized password.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
10 contributors mobilized