Report a change of contact details to OFPRA

Report a change of contact details to OFPRA

In short
Last update5 janv. 2023

What is it?

If your postal address, telephone number or e-mail address (contact details) changes, you must inform OFPRA and send your new contact details.

This allows you to receive official civil status documents sent by OFPRA, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate.

> To read: the sheets " Requesting a birth certificate " and " Requesting a marriage certificate"

Good to know: It is necessary to have an OFPRA file number and to have received the letter of introduction to report a change of address.

Who is it for?


France entière


France entière

What to do?


Prepare the OFPRA file number

First you need your OFPRA file number. It is a 9-digit number of the XX-XX-XXXXX type written at the top left of each letter sent by OFPRA.

Good to know: If you do not yet know your OFPRA file number, it is possible to use your foreign national number (9 or 10 digit number on the asylum application certificate given by the prefecture).
You must write a letter with this number and your new contact details, sign it by hand, and send it to this address:
201 rue Carnot
94136 Fontenay-sous-Bois Cedex


Apply on the OFPRA website

  • Go to the "Change my details" page:

  • Complete your personal information
  • Click "Next"
  • Write your new address, your new mobile number, or your new email address
  • Validate.

Good to know: After registering the request, you will receive a tracking number: you must keep it to be able to follow the progress of the request.

And after?

Track my request

To find out how your request is progressing, go to the online procedures page and write your tracking number in the “Track my request online” section.

Have you found useful information?
Thank people who wrote them for you
65 🙏
Contributors engaged
12Keep the page up to date and answer your questions
Proposé par