Where is it?
What is it?
The European Qualifications Passport for Refugees (EQPR) is an official document that proves your highest level of education and professional skills acquired before your arrival in France.
It is only available to beneficiaries of international protection (refugees, subsidiary protected persons, stateless persons), asylum seekers and temporary protected persons who do not have documentary evidence.
Even if you do not have your diplomas or professional certificates with you, because you could not take them before leaving your country or because they were lost during the journey, the EQPR gives you the possibility of resuming your studies or finding work in France, without having to retake all your diplomas.
The EQPR application is made in 2 steps
- an application on the internet
- an oral interview.
A document presenting the EQPR is available in several languages: Arabic, English, Dari, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Ukrainian.
How to do it?
The first thing to do is to prepare and scan:
- your identity documents
- Certificate of asylum seeker or official letter from OFPRA granting refugee status
- Residence permit or Receipt or Certificate of application for residence permit
- Photo in passport format
> To read: the Refugees.info sheet " Making and using an e-photo "
- all the documents that you managed to bring about your school, university and professional life in your country before arriving in France
- Certificates (studies, professionals, language, etc.)
- School reports
- Student card
- Thesis / research work
> To read: the Refugees.info sheet " Scanning a document ".
- Go to the Council of Europe website: https://coe.diplo-me.eu
- Click on "Create a new account"
- Write your first name, your last name and your email, and click on "Register"
You will receive an email with an activation link and a password (in the inbox or sometimes in spam).
In this email, click on "Activate Account" to arrive on the login page. Your email address is your username and your password is in the email received.
- Click "Enter" to log in to your EQPR account.
- In the "Profile – Account" section, complete the requested information.
- Complete the questionnaire directly or download it to complete it on paper and then scan it.
- Click on "My application – EQPR"
- You must first upload the questionnaire you have completed (step 3).
- Then upload your identity documents (first part of step 1)
- Upload the documents on your school, university and professional life in the "Optional documents" section (second part of step 1)
- Last step: upload a completed and signed copy of the consent form. You can find a model in the "Info – Consent form" section.
- Then click on "Confirm".
- Finally, when all the documents are uploaded, click on "Send request".
Your request is sent.
If your file is accepted, you will participate in an interview with a team of evaluators .
These evaluators are qualifications specialists (school skills, professional know-how). They have a great knowledge of foreign diplomas, school systems and professional sectors of the countries of origin.
What happens next?
You can follow the progress of your request in the "My procedure" section of the home page.
If the decision is positive, you will receive the European Qualifications Passport for Refugees.
If the decision is negative, you will receive an email with the explanations of the refusal.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
17 contributors mobilized