What is it?
After receiving your refugee status or subsidiary protection, the Ofpra sends a document to be completed: the family reference file.
It is a "sworn statement", it means that you officially declare that the information in the document is correct.
The family reference form allows the Ofpra to establish your civil status (your identity in France) and to confirm your family situation in the event of a request for family reunification.
You must complete it in French and sign it.
It has a personal barcode. Please note that it is therefore impossible to take another person's family reference form to fill it out.
- If you have received the admission decision from the Ofpra in your personal digital space , your family reference file is sent to your digital safe at the same time.
- If you have received your international protection following a decision by the CNDA (National Court for the Right of Asylum), you will receive the family reference file by post.
- If you completed your family reference sheet during your interview (resettlement program), it will not be deposited in the digital safe.
How to do it?
The Ofpra checks whether all the information in your file is consistent between:
- the asylum application form
- the interview at the Ofpra
- the possible decision of the CNDA
- the family reference sheet
- the documents sent (passport, identity documents, civil status documents, etc.)
- a letter of explanation
- any documents that explain the inconsistencies.
You must write your first name in full, for example:
You can not have numbers in the surname or first name, or signs that do not exist in the French alphabet.
If information is missing from your file, the Ofpra will send you a request for additional information.
To avoid this, it is advisable to complete everything correctly on each page.
Page 1: your identity and your address in France
- Your marital status: Complete all the sections on your identity precisely. Write down the days, months and years for all the dates requested, if you know them.
- Address and contact: Indicate your full address to be sure to receive mail from the Ofpra. Please note, you must modify your contact details on the Ofpra website if you change your address, telephone number or email (see the section “If your personal situation changes” at the bottom of this sheet).
Page 2: your current marital status
Complete as precisely as possible according to your situation:
- Single : If you are currently single, you can skip to the next section.
- Cohabitation: if you live with a person who is not officially married, fill in the section "your spouse " and possibly " the children resulting from this union ".
- Married: if you live with your husband or wife and are officially married, complete part " a - if you are married " " your spouse " and possibly " children from this union " .
- Divorced: if you were officially married, but you are no longer in a relationship with the person and your divorce has been officially registered, complete parts "a- if you are married" " if you are divorced (e) "" your spouse " and possibly " children from this union ".
- Widowed: if your husband or wife is deceased, complete parts " a - if you are married " "c - if you are widowed " " your spouse " and possibly "children from this union ".
It is necessary to write down which authority celebrated the marriage and whether it was officially registered in the country of origin (town hall, consulate, etc.). The form of marriage (civil, religious, etc.) does not call into question the right to family reunification.
To read: the Refugees.info sheet: "Applying for family reunification ".
- If you are divorced:
It is necessary to write down which authority officially pronounced the divorce (judge, court, etc.).
Page 3: your previous union
Complete page 3 on the template for page 2.
If you have had several previous unions (if you have been married several times), copy the page to complete it on free paper (a separate blank page) to add with the family reference sheet in your letter to the Ofpra.
For example, if you said that you were married then separated, you must complete the " your previous union " section with all the information requested.
Page 4: date and signature
Do not forget to write the date and sign.
What happens next?
Check that the file is complete, with:
- The 4 pages of the family reference sheet
- Any original documents or additional information that you want to communicate to the Ofpra on plain paper.
You can then send your complete file by mail to:
OFFICE FRANÇAIS DE PROTECTION DES REFUGIES ET APATRIDES
201 RUE CARNOT
94136 FONTENAY-SOUS-BOIS CEDEX
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
12 contributors mobilized