Where is it?
What is it?
A card with a subscription for people who work and/or live in Île-de-France and who regularly use public transport.
The Navigo Pass is valid on all means of transport:
The Navigo Pass offers different subscriptions and allows unlimited travel: it means you can take transport as many times as you want, without buying a ticket for each trip.
How to do it?
To order the Navigo Pass card, there are several possibilities:
- In a commercial agency or in an RATP counter. In this case, the card is issued immediately.
- By internet on the site here, click on “Order a card”. In this case, you must create an Île-de-France Mobilités Connect account (click on "I create my account") and upload a photo. The card is sent to your address in a maximum of 3 weeks or available in a sales agency or an RATP counter in 3 working days (not on Saturdays and Sundays).
- By mail by sending a Navigo Pass application form (available in sales agencies or at an RATP counter) and a photo. This option is mandatory for people who work in Île-de-France but do not live there. In this case, the card is sent to your address in a maximum of 21 days.
The documents to be given are:
- A passport photo (if you go to an agency, the photo is taken on site, it is not necessary to bring one),
- A proof of residence, or a postal address in Île-de-France,
- An employer certificate if you work in Île-de-France but live outside zone 5.
You must first choose the duration of the package (how long does the subscription last):
- a year,
- a month: from the first to the last day of the month,
- one week: Monday to Sunday,
- a day.
Then, you have to choose the zones of the subscription. For the Navigo Pass, Ile-de-France is divided into 5 zones. You can take :
- all zones (zones 1 - 5),
- or 2 zones (zones 2 - 3, zones 3 - 4 or zones 4 - 5).
Check which area you live in and which area you go to work, take classes, see family and friends. You can download the map of the regional transport network here, or ask directly at the station.
The prices are different according to the zones and "decreasing": buying 1 year costs less than 12 separate months, buying 1 month costs less than 4 separate weeks. If you order online, you have to pay by credit card. If you order directly at a counter, you can also pay in cash.
> To read: the Refugees.info sheet "Ask for transport solidarity pricing"
As soon as you have purchased your Navigo Pass subscription, you must activate it on an automatic machine available at ticket offices, or on a sales machine at RATP stations or SNCF stations. This is to be done only once, at the start of each new subscription.
Then, you must validate the Navigo Pass (i.e. "beep" on a terminal) each time you take public transport.
What happens next?
To continue using your Navigo Pass, you must top it up weekly or monthly depending on your plan.
As for buying a new package, there are several solutions:
> on the website with your personal account
> on an automatic machine in a station
> in a commercial agency or an RATP counter
> with a smartphone using the Île-de-France Mobilités app. Everything is explained here.
"Month" packages can be loaded from the 20th of the month for the following month.
Avoid waiting until the last day to top up at the machines or at the counter!
If you have lost your Navigo Pass or if it has been stolen, you must go to a commercial agency, or to some RATP counters, or to the SNCF Navigo Services counter to report the loss or theft. You must bring an identity document and €8, and the Navigo Pass will be replaced.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
10 contributors mobilized