Do a health check-up
What is it?
The Health Prevention Examination (EPS) is a medical appointment to examine your health. This health check is fully covered by the Social Security.
It allows you to discuss with doctors, nurses, dentists… your overall state of health, your medical follow-up and your lifestyle. Depending on your situation, you will be able to access screening exams .
Please note : The health prevention examination can be carried out every 5 years . It lasts about 2 hours and a half and is carried out in an examination center. There are 85 centers in France.
Anyone over 16 years of age affiliated with the general Social Security system can benefit from a Health Preventive Examination (EPS).
If there is a delay to have an appointment, you can be given priority under certain conditions (beneficiary of RSA and C2S, young people aged 16 to 25, jobseeker, disabled or handicapped).
Who is it for?
What to do?
Request a health check
To get an appointment, you can:
- Either call 36 46,
- Or send a request from your ameli account : “Ma messagerie” section.
You will be given an appointment at a health examination center.
You will then receive by mail:
- A summons (which must be brought on the day of the examination),
- A questionnaire (which must be completed before the examination and brought on the day of the examination).
Go to the health check
The examinations take place in the morning : free your calendar for the whole morning, it lasts about 2h30 .
Please note : Be careful, you must come on an empty stomach. That is to say, you must not eat or drink from the day before at midnight because you are going to do a blood test.
Be present on the day, time and place indicated on your convocation, bringing:
- Your convocation,
- Your completed questionnaire,
- Your certificate of rights (health card/carte vitale or CSS certificate)
The examination takes place as follows:
- A nurse invites you to perform a urine test and a blood test,
- A dentist will make you pass a dental checkup,
- You are then given a hot drink and breakfast,
- A doctor will then see you to look at your questionnaire and perform a clinical examination (blood pressure measurement, listening to the heart, lungs, eye examination, etc.)
- He then determines if you need to do additional tests,
- Finally, if necessary, a nurse performs the additional examinations (measurement of weight, height, if necessary an electrocardiogram, respiratory measurements, examination of your sight and your hearing).
Receiving the results
The examinations are subject to medical confidentiality: no medical data will be transmitted to any external organization.
When leaving the appointment, the nurse will explain to you how your results are sent. Often, you will receive them by mail and your doctor will also receive them (if you have one).
You can redo this assessment every 5 years
You can benefit from this free health checkup every 5 years.
If you need a special medical monitoring, this will be indicated to you.