With DU Passerelle / University of Limoges
Where is it?
What is it?
A University Degree (DU Passerelle) allows asylum seekers, beneficiaries of the subsidiary or temporary protection, refugees and stateless persons, to have a better level of French to study in France.
This training offers:
- French classes
- English classes
- A methodology class
- Cultural activities
- A support to build your academic and professional project in France
- A tutored support for all administrative procedures related to student life
There are around 40 similar training courses in France. This sheet presents the training at the University of Limoges.
Why is it interesting?
In the DU Passerelle of the University of Limoges, there are 268 hours of French lessons. You will have lessons 18 hours a week, from September to December or from January to May.
You will have to sit exams to obtain a University Diploma.
It is also possible to take the DELF/DALF at the end of the training.
During the training, you will discover the University system in France: what it is to be a student, how the courses and exams are organized, what diplomas and training exist, learn to take notes during the classes and revise outside of the classes, make presentations, prepare for exams...
- Tutoring with another student
- Presentation of higher education by a guidance counselor
The French higher education system is complex.
During the training, professionals provide an individual support for each student to reflect on their academic and professional project, according to the possibilities.
The professionals also help you write your CV and cover letters, and register for the courses you are interested in.
You will have access to different activities during the training:
- Cultural outings (cinema, theatre, concert...)
- Tandem with another student
- University sports activities
- University cultural activities
This course is eligible for grants based on social criteria for refugees or beneficiaries of protection under the age of 28.
Students are also given priority when applying for a university room.
How to do it?
- How to register: go to the university website to find out how to register.
- Application dates (months in general): April and May (Semester 1); October and November (Semester 2)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
After sending the application, if your file is accepted, you will receive an email with an invitation for an interview.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
11 contributors mobilized