With Student Refugee Programme / École des Ponts ParisTech
What is it?
A Formation Passerelle allows asylum seekers, beneficiaries of subsidiary or temporary protection, refugees and stateless persons to improve their French in order to study in France.
This 505-hour "Refugee Student Program" course offers :
- French courses,
- Support to build your academic and professional project in France...
There are around 40 similar training courses in France. This sheet presents the training offered by École des Ponts Paris Tech in Champs-sur-Marne.
Why is it interesting?
In the Refugee Student Program at École des Ponts ParisTech, there are 280 hours of French lessons. You will have lessons between 15 and 20 hours per week, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You will have access to the Frello online French teaching platform (site and application).
You will sit the TCF in January and then in May and the TOEIC in April.
During the training, you will discover French higher education: what it is to be a student, how lessons and exams are organized, what diplomas and training exist, how to take notes during lessons and review your lessons outside lecture, make presentations, prepare for exams...
- office computer workshops,
- science workshops,
- courses in the School scientific departments,
- conversation workshops,
- University methodology...
The French higher education system is complex.
During the training, professionals accompany each student individually to reflect on their academic and professional project, according to their possibilities.
The professionals also help you write your CV and cover letters, and register for the courses that seem interesting to you.
- collective support and orientation workshops: ENIC NARIC, cover letter, CV, applications, search for internships and work-study programs, preparation for interviews, etc.
- coaching in professional identity, sponsorship of each student and career workshops led by former students of the School, participation in company events
- individual support during and after the program: administrative, housing, social, studies...
You will have access to different activities during the training:
- access to the School's infrastructures: library, student card, canteen with discount, gym, clubs and associations...
- activities with other students of the School: outings, events, lunch, etc.
- cultural outings to the museum or in the streets of Paris
How to do it?
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
12 contributors mobilized