Paramètres d'affichage

Choisissez un thème pour personnaliser l'apparence du site.

Important information

Target audience

AudienceFrench citizens, Statutory refugees, Beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, Stateless people, Beneficiaries of temporary protection


Free of charge

Where is it?

Get your Vitale card

Updated on il y a 10 mois

What is it?

The Vitale card is a card to present to the doctor, in order not to advance health costs or to automatically obtain reimbursement of your health costs.

The Vitale card is issued free of charge to anyone with health insurance. It is linked to your final social security number (13-digit number starting with "1" for men, "2" for women).

With a provisional social security number, you cannot yet apply for a Vitale card. You have to wait until you get your final social security number to get it.

The Vitale card is personal. You can get it according to the following situations:

  • You are 16 years or over: you can have your personal Vitale card.
  • You have a child under 16 years old: you can link him to your social security number as well as that of his other parent so that he also benefits from your rights with your Vitale card (he is called your “creditor”). right"). You can therefore use your Vitale card at the doctor's office for your children.
  • You have a child between 12 and 16 years old: from 12 years old on, you can request that your child have their own Vitale card. You therefore have the choice: either have your child on your Vitale card or get one for your child.

How to do it?

As soon as you have obtained your definitive social security number (which begins with "1" for men, "2" for women), the "My new Vitale card" form will be sent to you.

To make your request by mail, all you need to do with this form is:

  • Check the information given on the form. If there is an error or an oversight, you must call your Primary Health Insurance Fund (CPAM) to report it so that they can change it.
  • If the information is correct, sign the form.
  • Paste a color passport photo in the space provided.
  • Attach a photocopy of your ID (your ID must have a photo).
  • Send the form and a photocopy of your identity document in the return envelope (this is the pre-filled envelope that you received with the form). Finally, you will have to put a stamp and post it.

You will receive your Vitale card within approximately three weeks .

If you have your definitive social security number (which starts with 1 for men, 2 for women), we advise you to apply for your Carte Vitale online. It's faster (see the following steps).

To obtain your Vitale card, you must have obtained a definitive social security number (which begins with "1" for men, "2" for women and not "7" or "8").

Obtaining your final Social Security number can take time. You must provide copies of civil status documents issued by OFPRA upon receipt, in order to make your application for the allocation of a definitive number.

Once you have obtained your definitive social security number, you can create your Ameli account (social security number and personal password), where you will be able to order your Vitale card.

Select the person for whom you wish to make a Vitale card.

Check that the information displayed is correct (marital status, postal address, email address, telephone number, etc.).

You must attach these digitized (scanned) documents to validate your request:

  • your ID photo
  • your identity document

If your information is correct, validate your request.

At the end of your request, a summary of your data is displayed on the screen. Remember to keep it in case of problems with your request.

You will receive your Vitale card by mail within approximately 2 weeks .

Your Vitale card will be accompanied by a paper copy of your personal information. Keep this document which will be useful to you if you lose your Vitale card or if you need to prove your rights.

What happens next?

You have to update your carte Vitale once a year or every time your situation changes (renewal of C2S, change of address, marital status, etc.).

This can be done in pharmacies, health insurance organizations, or in certain health establishments.

In the event of the loss or the theft of your carte Vitale, you must notify your primary health insurance fund either from your Ameli account by clicking on the "Déclarer la perte ou le vol de carte vitale" section, by phone, by mail, or from a reception point of you health insurance fund.

You can request a new carte Vital for free.

Top of the page

14 contributors mobilized

a mugniera mugnierAdmin
fatma bouhejbafatma bouhejbaAdmin
houssam kokachhoussam kokachAdmin
olga b.olga b.Translator
rohullah expertrohullah expertTranslator
etienne develayetienne develayTranslator
aman expertaman expertTranslator