With DU passerelle - Étudiants en exil - Students in exile (A2 to B1 level)
Where is it?
What is it?
A University Diploma (DU) Passerelle allows asylum seekers, beneficiaries of subsidiary or temporary protection, refugees and stateless persons, to have a better level of French to study in France.
This training DU Passerelle students in exile offers:
- French lessons towards B1 level (400 hours in total),
- Intercultural and sports activities,
- IT courses,
- Support to build your university and professional project in France.
There are around 40 similar training courses in France. This sheet presents the training of the University Lyon 3.
Why is it interesting?
You have between 20 and 25 hours of French lessons per week at the university, Monday to Friday, for 20 weeks from September to April.
At the end of each semester, you take exams to validate a University Diploma at the end of the year.
During the training, you will discover the university in France: what it is to be a student, how the courses and exams are organized, what diplomas and training exist, how to take notes during the courses and review your lessons outside of the lectures, make presentations, prepare for exams...
- discovery of the university library,
- administrative support,
- module "Communicating orally", "Gaining self-confidence" (6 hours minimum)
The French higher education system is complex.
During the training, professionals accompany the students individually and in groups to reflect on their academic and professional project, according to their possibilities.
The professionals also help you write your CV and cover letters, and register for the courses that seem interesting to you.
- IT lessons
- orientation and professional integration interviews (2 hours minimum)
- professional integration workshops (32 hours in total).
During the training, you have access to different activities:
- sporting activities,
- frequent cultural outings,
- contact with university students,
- conversation workshops,
- intercultural exchange activities (photo language, music, writing, etc.).
How to do it?
How to register: go to the university website to find out how to register: https://www.univ-lyon3.fr/du-passerelle .
Application dates: March to May.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
After sending the application, if your file is accepted, you will receive an email with an invitation for a level test and/or an interview.
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
8 contributors mobilized