Where is it?
What is it?
The course lasts 7 and a half months and prepares students for the Professional Cook qualification (level 3 diploma, equivalent to a CAP).
Here are the different activities offered:
- The 1st month of training is an intensive course in French as a foreign language (FLE). To assess the skills acquired, trainees will take a French language proficiency test for the general public (TCF TP).
- Practical work in the kitchen and in pastry-making.
- Theoretical courses (HACCP training, basic cooking techniques).
- World cuisine.
- Cooking in large volumes with no waste.
- Support during the course: FLE, digital workshops, employment support workshops.
- 2 full-time work placements.
- Work placements in community restaurants.
- Semi-autonomous management of a mobile restaurant (Food Truck) at the end of the course.
Why is it interesting?
- Internship in a company
- Food truck training
The practical courses are supplemented by theoretical courses: cooking techniques, nutrition, HACCP module (hygiene and safety in the kitchen)...
French classes are mainly focused on culinary vocabulary, the profession of cook. During the sessions, with the help of the teachers, you will prepare a professional file gathering your professional and/or voluntary experiences in the field of cooking. Finally, a point will be made on the politeness formulas to have, during the training and when you will be facing an employer.
You will learn how to use useful digital tools for your job search. For example, CV writing, cover letters, etc.
You will be supported in your job search and will be able to participate in various workshops. For example, how to succeed in a job interview, where and how to look for a job?
Finally, you will have to do a one-month internship in a restaurant in April. We will accompany you in the search for this internship.
The diploma you will pass at the end of the 7 months of training is a professional title. The tests to obtain it are centered on the mastery of professional gestures, ie the cooking techniques necessary to exercise the profession of cook.
In 2016, 7 out of 10 people were able to develop professionally or access a job after obtaining a professional title.
How to do it?
Recruitment is open ! Two collective information meetings will take place:
1) Tuesday, June 13 at 2 p.m.
2) Monday, June 19 at 11 a.m.
You will then undergo a personal interview as well as level tests in French (required level: A2 written and spoken) and mathematics (simple calculations and conversions)
- For any pre-registration, you can complete this online form: https://forms.gle/Wfk2FLFegcndMxve9
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
10 contributors mobilized