With La Cantine du Midi
Where is it?
What is it?
La Cantine du Midi is an associative restaurant open to everyone. From Monday to Friday, we lead workshops-training to make menus and prepare meals served at lunchtime.
Good to know: Participation in the workshops takes place once a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Learn the basics of cooking,
- Acquire professional skills,
- Learn languages, reading, writing and arithmetic...
The workshops are open to allophones (who do not speak French well).
Why is it interesting?
- Learn the basics of cooking on different positions (cutting, preparing and setting up dishes, diving, cooking, etc.)
- Daily menu development, production of recipe cards
- Order taking and table service
- Awareness of food hygiene rules and nutritional principles
- Knowledge of work rules
- Learning about teamwork, autonomy and responsibility
- Development of skills and attitudes in a professional context
- Support in finding a job
- Meetings with people from different backgrounds and horizons
- Participation in group discussion
- Assistance with administrative procedures and professional projects
- Proposal of citizen and solidarity initiatives
How to do it?
If you want to participate, you can contact us:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by phone at 07 83 53 56 95
You can also come and meet us directly at a coffee reception on Thursday and Saturday mornings between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., in the catering area of the Cantine du Midi, 36 rue Bernard 13003 Marseille (excluding holidays)
Did you find this sheet useful?
Thank the contributors who wrote and translated it for you!
Send by SMS
11 contributors mobilized