Use your personal training account (CPF)
What is it?
The personal training account (CPF) represents a sum of money made available to you to finance qualifying or certifying training throughout your working life, even when you are unemployed.
Depending on your status, you will receive money in your account every year.
The Personal Training Account (CPF) is intended for any active person:
- member of a liberal or self-employed profession
- looking for a job
Good to know: Beware, there are many attempts by fraudsters to hack into your account and steal your CPF credits. Have you received an email, text message or call promising you free training with your personal training account? Do not answer or hang up. No public authority makes any phone calls about the CPF.
Never give out your social security number or your CPF codes (login and password). Only you should have access to your account.
If you think you are a victim of a scam, you can take action (see the last step at the bottom of this sheet).
To use your training account, you must go to the official website moncompteformation.gouv.fr.
Good to know: You can also download the “My training account” application to your mobile phone (via AppleStore or PlayStore).
Who is it for?
What to do?
Create your account online
Configurez votre étape
To access your CPF and find out the amount of rights available to you to subscribe to training, go here.
You can create your account there.
Have your social security number ready (13-digit number starting with "1" for men and "2" for women).
Find a training
Configurez votre étape
Once your account is created, you can view the amount of your training fees and then search for training.
Good to know: Training rights acquired during a year of professional activity are credited during the first semester of the following year.
To search for training, you can go to this page.
You can also ask a career advisor for help in choosing the right training for your needs. He will accompany you free of charge to take stock of your professional situation.
To find an advisor, go here.
Good to know: You can use your CPF to finance the driving license (license B). Obtaining the permit must contribute to the achievement of your professional project.
Register for training
Configurez votre étape
When you have found a training course, you can register for it from the training sheet.
Good to know: Click here to access a tutorial with images to help you with the registration.
You will then receive a response (positive or negative) from the training organization.
Good to know: If the amount of your CPF is not enough to pay for the training, you can still register and you will have to pay the difference. You can also seek the free help of a career adviser or contact your employer.
If your file is validated by the training organization, you will be contacted to determine the start date of the training.
At the end of the training, you will have the opportunity to evaluate it.
Cancel my training
If your file has been validated and you wish to cancel or interrupt your training, depending on the reason, part or all of your CPF amount may be withheld.
Good to know: You can find more information on the cancellation conditions here.
If you think you've been scammed
You are the victim of a scam if:
- you have been registered for training without knowing it;
- you can no longer connect and think you have been hacked;
- you gave your identity and your social security number to a suspicious organization.
Complete this form and attach it to your request by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
While waiting for the return of the services concerned, you can take a few precautions:
- change your password immediately if you can still access your account. Do not hesitate to modify it also on other sites where you used the same password;
- consult the information available on your training account and check your personal information (email, telephone, etc.) and the status of your training files;
- keep all the evidence you may have (name of the training course, name of the training organization, postal address, email address, telephone number, training contracts, etc.);
- contact the Info Fraud platform of the Ministry of the Interior for advice: 0 805 805 817 (free number). The service is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- file a complaint
- If you have been the victim of a fraud, file a complaint with the police station or the gendarmerie brigade or in writing with the public prosecutor of the judicial court on which you depend , giving all the evidence you have.
Good to know: You can be accompanied free of charge in this process by a France Victimes association on 116 006 (free call and service), the victim assistance number of the Ministry of Justice. Service open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.