Use the TousAntiCovid application
What is it?
The TousAntiCovid mobile application is one of the tools used in France to fight the Covid-19 epidemic. The application was designed to be alerted or to alert others in the event of exposure to Covid-19, identify "contact cases" and thus limit contamination.
The application also serves as a support for the "sanitary pass" . It can be used to present your pass digitally with a QR Code, in places where it is mandatory.
Good to know: To read also: our Refugees.info sheets "Obtaining your health pass"
Finally, the application gives you access to updated statistics on the epidemic, but also useful links and information.
Good to know: The use of the application is not compulsory and each user is free to activate and deactivate it at any time.
Who is it for?
What to do?
Download the TousAntiCovid application
To install the TousAntiCovid application, download it from the PlayStore for Android smartphones and the AppStore for iPhones.
The application is available on all smartphones with an Android 5.0 (or more recent) and iOS 11.4 (or more recent) version.
It is also necessary to have an internet connection to ensure the proper functioning of the application.
Good to know: If you had already installed the StopCovid application (old version of TousAntiCovid), an update of the application is necessary.
Configure the application for first use.
Once the app is installed, open it. Then click on "I want to participate" . Then follow the instructions:
- Read the explanations, then click "Continue".
- Then read the privacy rules. And then click on "Accept".
- To use the application efficiently, activate the Bluetooth connection on your phone.
- Then accept the background refresh with battery optimization turned off.
- Click on "Allow notifications".
- The app introduces you to TousAntiCovid Signal. Click on "Continue".
- Then, the app reminds you of the barrier measures to respect to protect yourself. Then click on "It is noted".
- Finally, to use TousAntiCovid, click on "Activate TousAntiCovid". A security message is displayed. Copy the text you see. And click on "Confirm".
The application is finally activated! You can deactivate it at any time by clicking on "Deactivate TousAntiCovid".
[Sanitary pass] Use the “Notebooks” function
In the application, it is the "Notebooks" functionality that allows you to import or consult your health or vaccination pass. This notebook allows you to quickly store and display your health proof during checks.
Once you have obtained your pass, you must import it into the application:
- Open the "Notebooks" section,
- Select "Add certificate",
- Scan with your smartphone the QR code to the right of your certificate (paper or pdf version) or at the bottom left if it is a certificate in European format.
The health pass, once imported, is stored in TousAntiCovid.
- Open the app,
- Click on "Open my notebook",
- The QR code that appears must be presented for verification.
Good to know : The pass to be presented digitally via TousAntiCovid remains optional: the paper format of the pass is just as valid.
[Contact cases] Use the “Reminder book”
TousAntiCovid also aims to improve the tracing of contact cases, in particular using a QR Code displayed at the entrance of establishments.
Restaurants, bars and cafes are required to display a QR Code in interior rooms that customers must scan at the entrance of the establishment using the TousAntiCovid application.
If one of the customers reports positive for Covid-19 in the TousAntiCovid application, all customers who have frequented the establishment during the same hours will then receive a notification, which can have two different colors:
- Orange notification: if you have attended the same establishment as at least one infected person. You are advised to get tested immediately, limit your contact, and monitor your symptoms.
- Red notification : if you have attended an establishment declared as a cluster (at least 3 people detected at least). It is advisable to isolate yourself and get tested.
How to "flash" the QR Code of an establishment?
- Open "Reminder notebook" in the application and click on "Scan a QR Code place",
- Scan the QR code,
- The time, date and place will be saved in your smartphone.
[Test yourself positive or get vaccinated]
The app allows you in particular to declare yourself positive if this is the case or to find a way to vaccinate yourself.
To declare yourself positive for Covid-19:
After clicking on "Test yourself positive for COVID-19 with a code", click on "Scan the QR Code" or "Enter the code" to enter it manually and then follow the instructions.
To make an appointment for the vaccination:
Click on "I'm getting vaccinated!" to find vaccination centers near you. Then on "Enter a postal code" to specify yours. The list of vaccination centers appears. By clicking on a center, you will be able to:
- Call the center with the number displayed (only for certain centers),
- Make an appointment on the Internet (generally via the Doctolib platform).
Good to know: You can also consult our Refugees.info sheet "Getting vaccinated against COVID-19" .
[Find out more] Use the "Key figures/news" section
The TousAntiCovid application also provides information in real time on the evolution of the epidemic. It indicates, among other things, the number of new cases, the occupancy rate of hospitals, etc.
To obtain information on the situation in your region or department, you must authorize geolocation.
The application also has a "Useful links" feature which redirects you to information platforms (screening, travel, isolation, etc.).
Continue to respect social distancing and safe measures.
The TousAntiCovid application does not replace "barrier gestures". To effectively fight Covid-19, protect yourself and others, it is essential to:
- Wash your hands regularly,
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue,
- Use disposable tissues and throw them away,
- Maintain a distance of at least two meters from others,
- Greet without shaking hands and avoid hugs,
- Wear a mask when distances cannot be maintained or when you are ill.